2021 Chevy Equinox Towing Capacity & Engine Specs
If you enjoy trips out of Gardendale and often tow items like small boats, pop-up campers, or dirt bikes, the 2021 Chevy Equinox towing capacity will work for you. When properly equipped, the Equinox can tow an impressive 3,500 pounds! The Equinox model lineup includes a wide range of engines, and several impressive trims. Properly chosen, you can have the power you need! Keep reading to learn all about the 2021 Chevy Equinox!
Chevy Equinox Specs
There are two options for the Chevy Equinox engine, each of which is exclusive to certain trim levels. Depending on which engine and trim you choose, your towing capacity can be either 1,500 pounds or 3,500 pounds. Here are the specs:
- Standard EcoTec 1.5L Turbocharged Engine: The standard Equinox engine boasts a GCWR rating of 5,247 pounds when equipped with FWD and 5,467 pounds with AWD. What’s more, no matter if you choose FWD or AWD, it gives the Chevy Equinox up to a 1,500-pound towing capacity.
- Available 2.0L Turbocharged Engine: This available Equinox engine boasts a GCWR rating of 7,694 pounds. When you opt for the 2.0L over the 1.5L engine and also add on the Chevy Equinox towing package, it gives the Equinox a maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds.
Can the Chevy Equinox Engine Tow a Trailer?
If you want to tow a trailer around Hoover, you have to consider a few other factors besides its towing capacity. In the Chevy towing guide, they suggest that it’s important to choose a trailer with a tongue weight no higher than 10% to 15% of the vehicle’s GCWR (gross combination weight rating). The specifics for the Chevy Equinox towing capacity when it comes to trailers are as follows:
- When you use the correct hitch, you can safely increase the towing capacity to about 4,500 pounds.
- Equipped with the 1.5L engine, the Equinox can tow small trailers like a teardrop camper. However, with the 2.0L engine, the Equinox can haul something larger like an Airstream Caravel.
- Do you need a trailer that hauls items, and isn’t designed for camping? With the 2.0L engine, you can haul a trailer like the Big Tex Trailer’s 35SV utility trailer (77 inch x 10-14 feet). You can haul the same trailer with the 1.5L, but you won’t be able to fill it to its full capacity.
Come to Edwards Chevrolet Co., Inc. and Find Your Next 2021 Chevy Equinox
Now that you know more about the Chevy Equinox engine options and the Chevy Equinox payload capacity, you can see that this Chevy SUV can handle whatever you throw at it on your drives around Bessemer. Still have questions about the Chevy Equinox towing capacity? Contact us at Edwards Chevrolet Co., Inc. and we’ll be happy to answer any questions! Apply for financing online, and you’ll be able to buy your new Chevy Equinox as soon as possible!
More from Edwards Chevrolet Co., Inc.
Families often choose a used SUV because it’s functional, flexible, and affordable. They know how important it is to stick to a budget and get the most for their money. Buying a used SUV lets them do this while getting a great vehicle that can grow with them, providing generous storage, roomy interiors, elevated seating,…
If there’s one style of truck that appeals to virtually any type of driver, it’s the midsize truck. It’s small enough to easily manage through city streets yet tough enough to hold its own during hard work; adventurous enough to cascade over uneven terrain yet controlled and safe enough for modern families. These trucks are…
There’s no denying that we here in Alabama love our trucks. We love trucks of all shapes and sizes and how they meet a wide range of needs, which is why it’s so satisfying that the auto industry provides us with so many powerful models to choose from. Something like the Chevy Colorado or Silverado…