2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
The Chevy Silverado towing capacity encourages Gardendale drivers to haul up to 13,400 pound when properly equipped. That grants the ability to handle anything from tools and DIY supplies to motorboats and RVs, so you’re as free to conduct construction work around Hoover as you are to head off on a camping trip from Bessemer.
Read on to find out how much each 2020 Silverado 1500 configuration can take and explore features like towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado models.
2020 Chevy Silverado Towing Capacity by Engine
The new Silverado 1500 offers five engine options that produce strong Chevy Silverado towing capacity, including:
- 4.3L V6: Makes up to 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque for a 7,000-pound maximum towing capacity.
- 2.7L Turbo: Makes up to 310 hp and a Best-in-Class 348 lb-ft of torque for a 7,900-pound maximum towing capacity.
- 5.3L V8: Makes up to 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque for an 11,600-pound maximum towing capacity.
- 6.2L V8: Makes up to 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque for a 13,400-pound maximum towing capacity.
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel: Makes up to 260 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque for a 9,400-pound maximum towing capacity.
2020 Silverado 1500 Towing Features
Commanding engine power isn’t the only thing that makes the Silverado 1500 so great for towing. It also offers several advanced towing features, including:
- Trailering Package: Provides a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, automatic locking rear differential, 4-pin connector, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Max Trailering Package: Additions include the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, upgraded rear springs, and revised shock tuning.
- Towing Mirrors for Chevy Silverado: Provides a greater view of the road both around your 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 and around whatever trailer you happen to be towing.
Find the 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Available to Test Drive from Edwards Chevrolet
Whether you’re struggling to decide between the 2020 Chevy Colorado vs. and the 2020 Chevy Silverado or eager to discuss financing options, the team here at Edwards Chevrolet can help. For any further advice or assistance, simply contact us today.
More from Edwards Chevrolet Downtown
The 2020 Chevy Traverse has arrived in Birmingham, receiving accolades for its interior features and responsive engine performance. One truly stand-out spec on this new SUV is the fuel economy, which goes up to EPA-estimated 18 mpg city/27 mpg highway. Edwards Chevrolet Downtown covers the Chevy traverse mpg, engine specs, and other performance features below! New…
If you are looking to upgrade your Gardendale commute with a stylish sedan, the new Chevy Malibu was built for you! Available at Edwards Chevrolet Downtown, the updated Malibu offers incredible interior features and exterior style that will be sure to turn heads as you comfortably cruise through Hoover. The Chevy Malibu interior is fully loaded with…
The Chevy Silverado towing capacity encourages Gardendale drivers to haul up to 13,400 pound when properly equipped. That grants the ability to handle anything from tools and DIY supplies to motorboats and RVs, so you’re as free to conduct construction work around Hoover as you are to head off on a camping trip from…